Colordyne Technologies is a tech company who specializes in engineering and manufacturing digital inkjet print engines. We help brand owners, print providers and OEMs in the label and tag, commercial print, and corrugate markets, among others, successfully integrate digital inkjet printing into their businesses. We work directly with end-users as well as with strategic integration partners to deliver best-in-class technology and support. Our team emphasizes collaboration and is growing with a talented group of motivated and fun people.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. The best person for this position has a professional image, print industry experience as well as strong electrical and computer skills. Also, candidates will be self-starters who can work both independently and as part of a team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned or highlighted in annual performance reviews.
- Install Colordyne Technologies equipment, digital print engines and retrofits at customer facilities
- Coordinate proper layout of cable runs/pulls with customers
- Terminate cables and wires
- Install and configure software
- Mount equipment components
- Optimize the system for production
- Start up and commission equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment at equipment location and via phone support
- Coordinate machine/project schedule (up/down time) with customer
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of equipment
- Establish and build positive working relationships with customers
- Detailed and timely job reports
- Be able to manage to a budget
- Actively engage in the facility’s safety program to assist with achieving the safety goals
- Ability to create quality printed samples for internal use, to support sales team during sales cycle, and for customer support
- Work with engineering team to optimize Colordyne products and execute updates
- Maintain accurate inventory of tools
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts
- Complete and turn in job service reports
- Complete and turn in expense reports
- Read and respond to company email messages
- Provide telephone service support
- Supervise onsite workers during installation process if required
- Familiarity with the print industry and analog or digital printing equipment
- Basic PC and networking skills, knowledge of C#, C++ and browser-based languages
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of functions of various electrical components, such as transformers, relays, PLCs and motor drives
- Proficient use of hand and power tools, and electronic test/calibration equipment
- Experience with Adobe products a plus
- Valid driver’s license required and ability to obtain passport
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent industry related work experience
- Foreign language abilities are a plus
The Field Service Engineer reports to the Technical Director. This role interacts with and provides required support to the sales team, customers and alliance partners of the organization.
Due to the time sensitive nature of the tasks, the candidate must exhibit the ability to complete all desired functions in the allotted time. Other standards as defined in annual performance objectives by the Technical Director and agreed to by the Field Service Engineer.
50-60% of time, domestic and international.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Periods of prolonged sitting, while performing job duties, are common.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low (an office environment).