PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned or highlighted in annual performance reviews.
- Work with the marketing team to prepare, review and proof press releases, including participating in customer interviews
- Write and edit marketing and communications content including brochures, blog posts, industry articles and eBooks
- Support the marketing team with both traditional and digital advertising
- Assist with social media writing and execution
- Support the marketing team with industry event planning
- Conduct research and review analytics for competitive and industry analysis
- Strong writing and proofing skills, with knowledge of AP style
- Team player willing to support co-workers on projects across disciplines
- Strong communication skills, verbal and non-verbal
- Excellent time management skills and motivated to take initiative to get things done
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Junior or Senior currently enrolled at a credited university or technical school with graduation date of May 2021 or later
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
- Has completed coursework related to their field of study
The Marketing Communications Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and, at times, to the Marketing Communications Specialist. This role interacts with and provides required support to the sales team, customers and alliance partners of the organization.
As defined / agreed up by the Marketing Communications Intern and Director of Marketing.
No travel required. Must be available to work out of Brookfield office.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee will sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Periods of prolonged sitting, while performing job duties, are common.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate (an office and print production environment).