PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned or highlighted in annual performance reviews.
- Capture ideas for new features and product enhancements across various markets
- Work with SIPs and customers to identify solutions to existing and future problems
- Apply strategic thinking to vet new ideas and understand their impact on the company and its strategic goals
- Demonstrate value (function, commercialization, problem solving) related to each product development activity
- Use research and reasoning to prioritize projects and communicate timelines across the company
- Work with engineering, marketing, sales, and other stakeholders to ensure product is delivered on-time and to spec.
- Use feedback and analytics as well as testing to track, validate and improve products to better meet SIP and customer needs
- Work with finance to develop and maintain product pricing strategies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge through input from stakeholders and market research
- Must have an aptitude for understanding technical information
- Highly strategic in nature
- Track record of developing and implementing process and technology improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient computer skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years product management experience
- Digital print and packaging industry experience a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus
The Product Manager – AP & LT Technology reports to the Director of Marketing. This role interacts with and provides required support to the sales team, engineering team, customers, and strategic partners of the organization.
As defined in annual performance objectives by the Director of Marketing and agreed to by the Product Manager – AP & LT Technology.
Ability to travel 25% of time to support customers, conduct research, and participate in industry events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee will sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Periods of prolonged sitting, while performing job duties, are common.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate (an office and print production environment).