PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned or highlighted in annual performance reviews.
- Consults and advises resellers and end users on technical and systems integration issues to facilitate the successful implementation of Colordyne Software (and all pre-existing OEM software) products.
- Ensures Colordyne Software attracts, retains and serves customers by:
- Supporting resellers and end users
- Assessing customer needs and determining the best solution for pre and post-sale system needs
- Answering technical or system integration questions with prompt and effective answers that promote goodwill and add-on business
- Providing timely updates to customers once solutions are received from development
- Interacts with the development team in testing, selling and analysis of new products and functionality.
- Participates as a member of the New Product Development Team, as requested, for creation, development, testing, selling and analysis of new products.
- Implements Technical Support initiatives and plans created by the Technical Services Manager to ensure exemplary customer support for all Colordyne products and services sold.
- Adapts to changes/enhancements to the Technical Services group to ensure company revenue goals are met.
- Collaborates with the sales team to schedule and carry out training activities that help ensure revenue goals are met.
- Contributes to all quarterly and annual goals.
- Creates reusable training materials (handouts, samples, recorded materials) and delivers technical support and training for software customers, distributors, and international and domestic sales personnel on all software.
- Evaluates issues to be resolved by:
- using logical problem-solving techniques
- proactively gathering relevant technical information to solve the customer’s problems with speed and efficiency
- Identifies common support issues and suggests appropriate means of deploying that solution to the mass audience (additions to website FAQ or tutorials, internal FAQs, feature request for future software releases).
- Contributes and communicates feedback on customer needs and expectations to the appropriate manager.
- Assists marketing/product management with specific assigned products or lines of products being developed or sold by Colordyne.
- Works with marketing to create/update technical documentation and training materials that promote Colordyne products in order to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of technical documentation (traditional and electronic).
- Maintains relationships with software developers, to exchange technical information, training and mutual support.
- Supports trade shows and industry events with technical support, presentations and material as requested.
- Maintains and cultivates skills, which allow proficient use of any new or existing software products.
- Enhances and upgrades skills to keep pace with Colordyne and industry product offerings by participating in internal product training sessions.
- Enhances skills with personal, career and job specific education or training as agreed upon by manager. At least two industry specific or college courses/seminars are required annually.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a technical college or university is the minimum requirement for this position.
- A combination of education and relevant technical experience may be used to satisfy the educational requirement.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills as interpersonal communication is extremely important for maintaining customer relationships.
- Must be well acquainted with Microsoft operation systems and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual ability (English and Spanish) desired, but not required.
- Some experience in technical phone support or sales support environment desired.
- Experience in the inkjet printing industry helpful, but not required.
Position reports to the Technical Services Manager. Interacts with and provides required support to the sales force, customers and alliance partners of Colordyne.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to create and interpret bar graphs. This is a highly technical position requiring superior computer skills and aptitude. Additionally, the ability to apply complex mathematics principles is a requirement.
Effective problem-solving skills. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations. Ability to function independently to solve problems and provide creative solutions through initiative, technical abilities, and drive. Must function well in a team atmosphere, be a goal-oriented, success driven self-starter.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Periods of prolonged sitting, while performing job duties, are common. Employee is responsible for utilizing the appropriate lifting equipment provided, when necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low (an office environment).