PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
revolve around installing Colordyne equipment, digital print engines and retrofits, at customer facilities and include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate proper layout of cable runs/pulls with customers
- Install and configure software
- Optimize printers/engines for production
- Start up and commission equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment at customers location or through phone support
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of equipment
- Establish and build positive working relationships with customers
- Detailed and timely job reporting
- Actively engage in the facility’s safety program
- Work with engineering team to optimize Colordyne products and execute updates
- Maintain accurate inventory of tools
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts
- Complete and turn in expense reports
- Read and respond to company email messages
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Printing industry related work experience is required, proficiency with analog or digital printing equipment preferred
- Foreign language abilities are a plus
- Basic PC and networking skills
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics
- Proficient use of hand and power tools, and electronic test/calibration equipment
- Experience with Adobe products a plus
- Valid driver’s license required and ability to obtain passport
- Candidate must exhibit the ability to complete all desired functions in the allotted time
The Field Service Engineer reports to the Field Service Manager. This role interacts with and provides required support to the sales team, customers, and alliance partners of the organization.
50-80% of time, domestic and international. Depending on workload. Subject to change at any time.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee will sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level as well as environmental conditions in the work environment will vary depending on job site.